So what is the difference between a winner and a loser? A winner is defined as someone that is successful especially through praiseworthy ability and hard work. A loser on the other hand is defined as someone who is harmed or put in a worse position as the result of something. I’ve observed over the years that one of the biggest differences between a winner and a loser is the fact that winners never make excuses. Let’s take a look at 4 quick tips that can help make you all winners in any area of your life.
So what does it take to become a Winner?
Winners never make excuses
1. “Winners train, losers complain.” – Unknown.
You either have results or you have excuses. Winners produce their results while losers make up excuses.
Winner are consistent
2. “You can never quit. Winners never quit, and quitters never win.” – Ted Turner.
So here is our first lesson. A winner is never going to quit trying. Remember, a winner is successful through hard work. How do you ever expect to become a winner if you quit ever time things get tough?
Winners learn from their mistakes
3. “Losers live in the past. Winners learn from the past and enjoy working in the present toward the future.” – Denis Waitley.
Winners never make excuses for their lack of success. When faced with failure, they learn from it and move it. A winner will always view a failure as an opportunity for growth.
Winners have a “can do” attitude
4. “The winners in life think constantly in terms of I can, I will, and I am. Losers, on the other hand, concentrate their waking thoughts on what they should have or would have done, or what they can’t do.” – Denis Waitley.
Remember, winners never make excuses. They see things differently. They have a positive mindset when working towards any new goal or objective.
So the next time that you are faced with a challenge or obstacle, what are you going to do? Will you remain consistent in the time and effort that you put forth to reach your or goal or will you crumble at the first signs of adversity? Will you learn from your mistakes or will those temporary setbacks cause you to abandon your goals altogether? Will you maintain a “can do” attitude throughout the process? It’s completely up to you! Never let excuses stand in the way of your dreams. Winners never make excuses!
Be sure to check out some of the other great sports motivation brought to you by Wild Child Sports:
- Nike Motivational Quotes – The Top 10
- Sports Quotes – 10 Quotes Every Athlete Must Read
- Rocky Balboa Speech – 5 Life Lessons
- Michael Jordan Quotes with Audio
- Extreme Sports Quotes – Our top 5
- Friday Night Lights Speech – Perfection Defined
- Michael Jordan Commercial – “Maybe it’s my fault”
- Game Day Quotes – Bring Your “A” Game