Let’s face it, we all get burnt of from time to time, even during some of our favorite jobs, hobbies, etc. Take a moment to review this burnout checklist along with some quick fix tips to help you to stay motivated and ultimately help you to avoid prolonged burnout. Progression and happiness can be negatively impacted by not using a burnout checklist. In addition to progress and happiness, your ability to reach your goals can drop dramatically the minute that you let burnout set in for too long.
Burnout Checklist with Quick Fix Tips
Are you sticking to a schedule?
1) Set up a schedule: When you have a daily routine, you build positive momentum as you go through the day while sticking to that plan. Then by checking in with yourself on a daily basis, or as I call it “reflecting on your reality”, you see what you’ve accomplished. In addition, your levels of commitment and motivation will increase from holding yourself accountable and actually seeing that day to day progress.
Are you reviewing your goals each day?
2) Keep your eye on the prize: Success and happiness do not happen by chance. You’ll need to remind yourself of your overall goal or goals so you don’t get discouraged.” I believe Mohammad Ali describes this concept perfectly, ” I hated every minute of training, but I said, ‘Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.” What a great mental image of maintaining focus on the goal without letting distractions burn you out!
Are you learning from your mistakes?
3) Recognize you’re not perfect: Mistakes happen… It’s part of life. You will have a bad day from time to time and it may be due to one of your own actions or it could be something completely out of your control. Don’t let this stop you from pushing forward. Again, I quote “Don’t be afraid to fail. Don’t waste energy trying to cover up failure. Learn from your failures and go on to the next challenge. It’s OK to fail. If you’re not failing, you’re not growing.
Are you doing what truly makes you happy?
4) Make sure you’re happy: Ultimately, you have to enjoy what you do or that end goal you are striving for. Life is a journey to learn from experiences involving successes and failures. It’s during these times of struggle that your happiness of what you are doing will continue to drive you forward. If you are experiencing burn out on a regular basis, you may need to consider your current situation and honestly decide if its the job, daily schedule, etc that needs to be changed.
Burnout can happen to the best of us and that’s why it’s so important to use this type of a burnout checklist. Remember burnout will usually start out in the mind but then can lead to the body as well. The moment that you start to feel the warning signs of burnout, use your burnout checklist to evaluate the situation. Do your best to never let burnout slow your momentum towards your happiness! It’s your life; Live it, Love it!
Thanks for stopping by and checking out our burnout checklist. Be sure to check out some of the other great sports motivation brought to you by Wild Child Sports!
- Nike Motivational Quotes – The Top 10
- Vince Lombardi Quotes – Our Top 10
- Sports Quotes – 10 Quotes Every Athlete Must Read
- Rocky Balboa Speech – 5 Life Lessons
- Michael Jordan Quotes with Audio
- Extreme Sports Quotes – Our top 5
- Friday Night Lights Speech – Perfection Defined
- Michael Jordan Commercial – “Maybe it’s my fault”
- Game Day Quotes – Bring Your “A” Game