Razor MX500 Electric Dirt Bike
Razor MX500 Electric Dirt Bike
The Razor MX500 electric dirt bike is everything that you are looking for in an electric dirt bike. This particular model is the slightly scaled down version when compared to the Razor MX650. If you’re not sure which of the Razor electric dirt bikes is of best fit for you or your child, be sure to check out our article on choosing the right model.
Razor MX500 Dirt Bike Review
[sc name=”MX500″ ]
Who is the Razor MX500 dirt bike designed for?
This Razor dirt bike is designed for riders ages 14 and up with a maximum rider weight of 175 pounds.
Just like the MX350, we get a lot of questions around the youngest age that a child can safely ride the Razor MX500. With a dirt bike like this that weighs almost one hundred pounds and has a pretty decent top speed, you are going to have to look at your particular situation to make sure that your child has the experience and coordination to safely ride the MX500.
How big is the MX500 Razor Dirt Bike?
The MX500 weighs 98 pounds. Here are the dimensions of the MX500:
- Length: 56 inches
- Width: 24.5 inches
- Height: 36 inches
We get asked all time, “What is the difference between the MX500 VS MX650?” In short, the actual dimensions of the MX500 and the MX650 are the exact same. The main difference is that the MX500 is powered with a 500 watt motor and the MX650 has a 650 watt motor. The Razor MX500 will be a slightly less powerful mini bike with a lower top speed than the MX650. Some folks opt to spend a little bit more and purchase the MX650 for more power and top speed.
How fast does the Razor MX500 go?
The Razor MX500 top speed is 15 mph with up to 40 minutes of continuous use on a full charge. The charge time for electric Razor dirt bike is 12 hours.
What does the Razor dirt bike MX500 cost?
The MX500 is going to run you under $500. Amazon continues to be one of the best places to find the most competitive price on these Razor electric dirt bikes.
|Check Price at Amazon|
|Check Price at Walmart|
Razor MX500 Electric Dirt Bike Specs & Features
Check out the spec of the electric powered Razor dirt bike MX500.
- Chain-driven 500-watt electric motor
- 36 volt sealed lead acid rechargeable battery system
- Chain drive with automatic adjuster
- Front inverted authentic motocross suspension fork
- Rear adjustable suspension
- Adjustable handlebars
- Authentic motocross-style spoke wheels
- Large knobby 16 inch front tire and 14 inch rear tire
- Shatter proof plastic fairings and fenders
- Folding metal foot pegs
Here are a few other features of the Razor MX500 that we want to highlight:
- Variable Speed Throttle – The twist grip throttle on the MX500 is variable speed meaning that you’re throttling this mini dirt bike the same way you would a normal motorcycle. It does not operate like an on/off switch which we see a lot with other electric dirt bikes.
- Front and Rear Disc Brake – Learning proper braking is really important on an dirt bike. The MX500 gives your child their first chance to ride a mini bike with both front and rear disc brakes.
So what are you waiting for? Order your MX500 today!
If you liked this Razor dirt bike, be sure to check out some of these other great electric dirt bikes brought to you by Wild Child Sports!
And remember to always educate your child on motorcycle safety and have them always wear the appropriate safety gear!
- Best Electric Dirt Bikes Under $500
- Razor Dirt Quad VS Dirt Quad 500
- Best Kids Electric Dirt Bikes Under $300
- Monster Moto 1000 Watt Electric Mini Bike
- Jeremy McGrath Razor Dirt Bike
- Razor MX350 VS MX500
- Razor MX350 Electric Dirt Bike